Andrea Elliott, MAcOM, L.Ac., Dipl. Ac., Dipl. C.H.
Board-certified Acupuncturist and Chinese Herbalist
Elliott Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine is a newly established Chinese medicine clinic located in Hudson, NY. Situated above the Columbia Dental Group and across from Columbia Memorial Hospital, the clinic offers acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine as well as other therapies such as moxibustion, cupping and gua sha in the treatment of a variety of ailments and conditions.
Whether you’re suffering from the common cold or something more serious, Chinese medicine provides a unique approach to the treatment of a wide range of health issues. You can consider Chinese medicine for:
- Pain: neck or low back pain, sciatica, plantar fasciitis, migraines, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, gout, kidney stones.
- Digestive complaints: IBS, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, GERD, peptic ulcers, nausea/vomiting, gall bladder issues.
- Skin problems: acne, eczema, psoriasis.
- Gynecology: PMS, painful or irregular periods, endometriosis, PCOS, menopausal symptoms, infertility.
- Respiratory issues: allergies, asthma, sinusitis, bronchitis.
- Mood and stress disorders: depression, anxiety, insomnia, TMJ syndrome.
- Endocrine or autoimmune disorders: diabetes, hypo/hyperthyroidism, RA, SLE.
I have seen this practical system of medicine utilized in a wide variety of contexts including in China where people seek out Chinese doctors for just about every kind of complaint.
Chinese clinics are a lively affair, often with many people gathered around the doctor and patient during appointments. Although I offer private sessions, I like to maintain the spirit of a Chinese clinic as a place where you can stop by and quickly find a solution to any concern, whether it’s the occasional headache or something more serious.
Whether you have utilized Chinese medicine in the past, or are simply curious about whether it can be of use to you, I hope you will stop by to find out more and give this ancient and effective system of medicine a try.